The National Children’s Center Health Month campaign in February brings together thousands of dedicated dental professionals, health care providers and others to promote the benefits of good oral health to children and adults, caregivers, teachers, and many others each year.
This year’s the 2014 NCDHM campaign features the slogan “Join the Super Smile Team!”. The program first started almost 75 years ago in Ohio as a one day event. Since then, the concept has grown into a nationwide program that is promoted for the entire month of February throughout the country.
Attitudes and habits established at an early age are critical in maintaining good oral health throughout life. At Spark Orthodontics, our goal is to teach patients and reinforce good habits with parents on how to keep your kids smiles beautiful now and for years to come, especially during orthodontic treatment when food accumulates around the brackets and wires.
According to the ADA Health Policy Resource Center latest analysis and 2010 census, the US in in the midst of a dental health crisis.
- 181 Million people did not visit the dentist in 2010
- Nearly ½ of population over age 30 is suffering from some sort of gum disease according to the CDC latest reports (Center for Disease Control)
- One in four children under the age of 5 already have a cavity (CDC)
The causes of the dental health crisis are varied and complex. But we know that for each of us – and for the nation as a whole – it’s never too late to get on top of our dental health. Our dedicated team of dental health professionals at Spark Orthodontics is here to help, answer questions, and make recommendations on how to maintain good oral health not only in February, but all year long.
Click Here to Download the 2014 NCDHM Letter size Poster. Print it out and post it in your bathroom as a reminder to everyone to brush your teeth at least 2X a day for good oral health.
Get The Smile You've Always Dreamed Of!
Spark Orthodontics can help you or your loved one achieve a smile that benefits dental health as much as it increases confidence. However, we want you to feel confident that your choice in an orthodontist in PA, is the right one. Follow the steps below and get that smile you have always dreamed of.
- Instantly Download his Report: Top 10 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing an Orthodontist in Pennsylvania.
- Please call 610.865.2777 to ask questions or set up your free Spark Smile Assessment!
- Contact one of our orthodontic offices in Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Schuylkill Haven, Lancaster, York, Danville, Hazleton or Freeland, PA, via our online form.