What To Expect At Your Child’s First Visit
We always feel excited to meet you and your child for the first time. During the free Spark Smile Assessment, we will thoroughly examine your child’s teeth and jaw and discuss potential treatment options with braces or orthodontics with you both. This important 30-minute visit will give us insight into your son or daughter’s orthodontic needs.
What Does The Spark Smile Assessment Include?
The Spark Smile Assessment includes X-rays and photos and possibly impressions for study models. We need these in order to develop just the right treatment plan for your child. This additional appointment will last approximately one hour. One of our top-rated orthodontists in Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Schuylkill Haven, Lancaster, York, Hazleton, Danville or Freeland, PA, will assess elements of your child’s treatment by figuring out the answers to these questions:
- Does your child have a condition that braces and orthodontics can successfully address?
- Does your child need braces right away, or should we delay it until they’ve aged a little and grown their adult teeth?
- What type of braces will we use to correct the problem?
- Will we need to remove any permanent teeth?
- How long will my child have to wear braces?
- How much will braces cost?
- Which payment options will fit my child’s needs best?
We welcome your child or teen’s questions and encourage you to ask some as well!
Keep in mind, though, while we can often answer these general questions during your child’s first visit, some answers will need to wait until we have analyzed their diagnostic records. We feel it is important to carefully consider each child’s individual needs because in-depth planning leads to better results and happier children and teens!
What Happens Next?
We will then schedule a consultation visit to discuss orthodontic treatment options, time frames, and financial arrangements. We promise that you will leave the office with a clear understanding of your child’s specific needs, what the orthodontic treatment will consist of, and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions you may have.
What We Need From You
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray your child has had taken within the past six months.
- Your dental insurance card, if you have one. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
When Should My Child First See an Orthodontist?
According to the American Association of Orthodontists, children should get their first orthodontist checkup by the age of seven. Some orthodontists routinely begin treating children at an earlier age. We don’t. Years of experience and research inform us that most children will not gain anything by having orthodontic treatment before they reach second grade. Infrequently, a family physician asks us to see a younger child to professionally evaluate their little teeth and jaws, but most parents who bring their small kids to see us feel relieved to hear that treatment can wait for a while.
To Learn More…
If you’re wondering whether your child would benefit from seeing our award-winning orthodontists in PA prior to second grade, please contact us for more information at 610.865.2777 or visit our contact page. One of our friendly team members will happily answer any of your questions and schedule an appointment if that seems best.
Come experience Spark Orthodontics! You will see we offer innovative and affordable orthodontics in Bethlehem, PA, Reading, PA, Camp Hill, PA, Harrisburg, PA, Schnecksville, PA, Schuylkill Haven, PA, Lancaster, PA, York, PA, Hazleton, PA, Danville, PA and Freeland, PA.
Get The Smile You've Always Dreamed Of!
Spark Orthodontics can help you or your loved one achieve a smile that benefits dental health as much as it increases confidence. However, we want you to feel confident that your choice in a PA orthodontist, is the right one. Follow the steps below and get that smile you have always dreamed of.
- Instantly Download his Report: Top 10 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing an Orthodontist in Pennsylvania.
- Please call 610.865.2777 to ask questions or set up your free Spark Smile Assessment!
- Contact one of our orthodontic offices in Reading, Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Schuylkill Haven, Lancaster, York, Danville, Hazleton or Freeland, PA, via our online form.