The success and length of your orthodontic treatment is greatly determined by the steps you take to maintain your braces. Utilizing and caring for your braces helps you achieve the straight smile you want. With traditional metal braces, regular oral care is even more important to ensure that braces don’t break or pop off, so they can continue to work for you or your child. This also helps you avoid extra orthodontic office visits and a longer time in braces.
Wearing prescribed appliances during your orthodontic treatment is just as important as regular oral hygiene. Award-winning PA Orthodontist, Dr. Hartman and his team want you to have a healthy smile for life. During your time in braces, there are several appliances that can help.
Equipment For Your Metal Braces:
- Spacers – Spacers are small rubber bands used prior to braces. They are inserted between the teeth to help keep them separated.
- Elastics – These are involved to develop better contact between the upper and lower arches of your mouth. They are worn as prescribed during treatment, except when eating or brushing.
- Rapid Palatial Dividers – Expands the top part of your mouth so it matches the bottom part. It’s a device that is not painful, and is turned once a day with a small key.
- Retainers – When braces are removed, you will receive retainers. These are worn as prescribed, except when eating, brushing or playing sports that require mouth guards.
Following the guidelines Orthodontist, Dr Hartman suggests will make the process toward straighter, healthier teeth worth your effort. At your next appointment, be sure to ask Dr. Hartman any questions you have regarding the proper use of the orthodontic equipment.
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Specializing In Braces & Orthodontics In Temple, PA, Schuylkill Haven, PA, Bethlehem, PA, Schnecksville, PA, Lancaster, PA, York, PA, Hazleton, PA, Danville, PA & Freeland, PA
Award-winning PA Orthodontist, Dr. Jason Hartman of Spark Orthodontics offers the most advanced braces for children, teens and adults, including Invisalign, clear ceramic braces, metal braces and orthodontics. Contact us today for a free braces consultation and exam at one of our orthodontic offices in PA. With 9 convenient orthodontic offices located in Schuylkill Haven PA, Temple PA, Bethlehem PA and Schnecksville PA there is sure to be an office conveniently located near you. Call us today for a free consultation for braces at any of our nine orthodontic offices in PA!
Contact Our Reading, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.735.0177
Contact Our Bethlehem, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.223.7777
Contact Our Schuylkill Haven, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.385.1344
Contact Our Schnecksville, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.735.0177
Contact Our Lancaster, PA Orthodontic Office: 717.295.9779
Contact Our York, PA Orthodontic Office: 717.848.4599
Contact Our Hazleton, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.455.5011
Contact Our Danville, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.275.6075
Contact Our Freeland, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.636.1101
Get The Smile You've Always Dreamed Of!
Spark Orthodontics can help you or your loved one achieve a smile that benefits dental health as much as it increases confidence. However, we want you to feel confident that your choice in an orthodontist in PA, is the right one. Follow the steps below and get that smile you have always dreamed of.
- Instantly Download his Report: Top 10 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing an Orthodontist in Pennsylvania.
- Please call 610.223.7777 to ask questions or set up your free Spark Smile Assessment!
- Contact one of our orthodontic offices in Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Schuylkill Haven, Lancaster, York, Danville, Hazleton or Freeland, PA, via our online form.