Traditional metal braces require a little extra care. In the end, you’ll be glad you made the effort. Your metal braces will continue to work for you when you take the proper steps to keep them clean. With metal braces, there are a few additional steps that can easily ensure a healthy smile during your treatment with braces.
Food can get stuck in the archwires of your metal braces, which sets the stage for plaque and gingivitis. Regular toothbrushes and floss may work, but there are also tools like Proxabrushs that can clean more effectively between teeth and your braces. These tools should be used along with your normal brushing and flossing regime. These simple steps for brushing with braces can help you achieve the best oral health possible while protecting your metal braces.
Helpful Tips For Brushing With Braces:
- Brush for 2-3 minutes, about the length of a song on the radio
- Replacing your toothbrush every 3 months, as recommended by the American Dental Association
- Utilize Proxabrush or Interdental (between the teeth) toothbrush to clean braces and gums more effectively
- Be gentle when brushing, to avoid damaging your braces
With the right tools and techniques, you can get the most out of your braces.
Read more about the American Dental Association’s guide in brushing your teeth here.
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Specializing In Invisalign, Clear Ceramic Braces, Metal Braces & Orthodontic Treatment In Temple, Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Schuylkill Haven, Lancaster, York, Hazleton, Danville & Freeland, PA
Award-winning PA Orthodontist, Dr. Jason Hartman of Spark Orthodontics offers the most advanced braces for children, teens and adults, including Invisalign, clear ceramic braces, metal braces and orthodontic treatment. Contact us today for a free braces consultation and exam at one of our orthodontic offices. With 9 convenient orthodontic offices located in Temple PA, Bethlehem PA, Schnecksville PA and Schuylkill Haven PA, there is sure to be an office conveniently located near you. Call us today for a free consultation for braces at any of our 9 orthodontic offices in PA!
Contact Our Reading, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.735.0177
Contact Our Bethlehem, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.865.2777
Contact Our Schuylkill Haven, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.385.1344
Contact Our Schnecksville, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.735.0177
Contact Our Lancaster, PA Orthodontic Office: 717.295.9779
Contact Our York, PA Orthodontic Office: 717.848.4599
Contact Our Hazleton, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.455.5011
Contact Our Danville, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.275.6075
Contact Our Freeland, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.636.1101
Get The Smile You've Always Dreamed Of!
Spark Orthodontics can help you or your loved one achieve a smile that benefits dental health as much as it increases confidence. However, we want you to feel confident that your choice in an orthodontist in PA, is the right one. Follow the steps below and get that smile you have always dreamed of.
- Instantly Download his Report: Top 10 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing an Orthodontist in Pennsylvania.
- Please call 610.865.2777 to ask questions or set up your free Spark Smile Assessment!
- Contact one of our orthodontic offices in Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Schuylkill Haven, Lancaster, York, Danville, Hazleton or Freeland, PA, via our online form.