It’s Never Too Late to Have a Healthy, Confident Smile
At Spark Orthodontics, our adult patients truly appreciate their beautiful, new smiles and renewed confidence! Getting orthodontic treatment improves your appearance and it enhances your oral health for a lifetime. Most people are excellent candidates for orthodontic treatment and you may be, too. If you’re interested in highly customized adult orthodontics in Bethlehem, Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Schnecksville, Pottsville, Lancaster, York, Hazleton, & Danville, Pennsylvania (PA), then our specialists at Spark Orthodontics can help you reach your smile goals.
Orthodontic treatment is not only designed to improve the appearance of your smile but the health of your teeth and gums as well. By seeking orthodontic treatment as an adult, you can possibly avoid severe tooth decay, gum and bone loss, irregular wear of the tooth enamel, and TMJ/TMD pain.
Look Better, Feel Better About Yourself
According to the American Association of Orthodontists, 20% of all orthodontic patients in America are more than 21 years of age…and that percentage is growing every year! In the past, many people believed that braces were seen as treatment only for kids and teenagers, however, today’s adults have options, too. We offer a variety of braces as well as Invisalign treatment to meet the individual needs and desires of each of our adult patients. Also, since adults are usually more compliant in their orthodontic treatment, their results are often better. By following the instructions provided by your orthodontist, you can enhance your results and reduce your treatment time!
Here are some reasons adults are seeking orthodontic treatment:
- They have a bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Their teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly leading to tooth decay or gum disease
- They are experiencing abnormal jaw pain or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- They have a desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
Additionally, today’s orthodontic options for adults include braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and personalized to meet your unique orthodontic needs. There are also highly discreet options, which are almost invisible and barely noticeable.
Types of braces include:
- Invisalign removable braces (clear)
- Ceramic braces (like the metal braces except made from tooth-colored ceramic)
- Traditional metal braces
- Gold braces
Adults Vs. Adolescent/Teen Orthodontics
The jawbones of younger patients are still developing, while with adults, these bones have stopped growing. That means that a special surgery, called orthognathic surgery, may be needed to properly align the jawbones. Therefore, growth, or lack of growth, is the main difference between adult orthodontics and children/teen orthodontics.
Other differences include:
- Mild gingivitis infections or bone loss (periodontal disease): Adults, not children, are more likely to experience gum recession or even bone loss due to gingivitis or periodontal disease. Patients with straighter teeth are less likely to get gum disease.
- Worn/missing teeth: Adults are also more likely to have teeth that have become worn over time and moved into different positions. Missing teeth can cause other teeth to move and tilt, creating a bad bite and increasing the possibility of gum disease. Orthodontic care can correct these conditions.
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen: Many adults never completed their orthodontic treatment as a child or teen. Some may have never received treatment. This is their opportunity as an adult to complete their orthodontic treatment and reach their goal of having the healthy, beautiful smile that they’ve always wanted.
Learn More About Adult Orthodontics in Bethlehem, Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Schnecksville, Pottsville, Lancaster, York, Hazleton, & Danville, Pennsylvania (PA)
If you believe you could benefit from adult orthodontic treatment, please contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation Spark Smile Assessment by calling 610.978.5808 or click here now for our convenient online form. Ask us about our smile guarantee on braces and orthodontic treatment! Come experience Spark Orthodontics! You will see that we offer affordable clear braces in Bethlehem, Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Schnecksville, Pottsville, Lancaster, York, Hazleton, & Danville, Pennsylvania (PA).
Award-Winning Orthodontists for Orthodontics in Bethlehem, Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Schnecksville, Pottsville, Lancaster, York, Hazleton, & Danville, Pennsylvania (PA)
Get The Smile You've Always Dreamed Of!
Spark Orthodontics can help you or your loved one achieve a smile that benefits dental health as much as it increases confidence. However, we want you to feel confident that your choice in a PA orthodontist, is the right one. Follow the steps below and get that smile you have always dreamed of.
- Instantly Download his Report: Top 10 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing an Orthodontist in Pennsylvania.
- Please call 610.223.7777 to ask questions or set up your free Spark Smile Assessment!
- Contact one of our orthodontic offices in Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Pottsville, Lancaster, York, Danville, or Hazleton, PA, via our online form.