Fall has returned! Our temperature is cooling off, fall sports are underway, and all the children are headed back to school. At Spark Orthodontics in Bethlehem, PA, our orthodontists want to offer a few helpful tips for going back to school with braces or orthodontics!
- Make sure to follow the 2×2 brushing rule: brush your teeth for TWO minutes, TWO times each day! This will help keep your teeth and clean, which leads to quicker appointments and healthier teeth. If you want to brush after lunch, keep a toothbrush in your backpack.
- Bring a water bottle to school. Drinking water throughout the day helps to keep your mouth clean, fight cavities and tooth decay. Stick with water and you can’t go wrong.
- Keep an extra pack of elastics in your backpack. And if you have a locker, it is wise to store some extra rubber bands in there, too. Remember that those elastics help move teeth, so not wearing them could result in longer treatment times.
- We know you have to eat in order to perform well in the classroom. Always eat smart at every meal! Avoid foods that are hard, crunchy, or chewy to prevent bending wires or knocking off brackets. Damage to your braces can cause discomfort and lengthen your treatment time. Good breakfast foods for kids with braces include yogurt, fruit smoothies, and eggs.
- Check out your lunch menu every week to make sure something is being offered every day that you like and can eat with braces. We recommend cooked vegetables, softer foods like spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, and lean cuts of meat. Avoid chips, soft drinks, and sports drinks. Pack your lunch and take it with you if the choices aren’t right for you.
- Bananas make a great snack. They are high in potassium and fiber which promotes heart and bone health. If you like hard fruits such as apples or pears cut them into pieces before you leave for school and chew them with your back teeth. Biting into hard fruits can damage your braces.
Good luck in the 2016 – 2017 school year and remember to properly care for your teeth and braces every day! Contact our Bethlehem, PA orthodontic office with any questions or to schedule an initial complimentary consultation.
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our orthodontic office in Bethlehem, PA would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
About Spark Orthodontics In Bethlehem
Specializing In Back To School Orthodontics In Bethlehem, PA
Dr. Jason Hartman, our award-winning orthodontist in Bethlehem, PA offers the most advanced braces for children, teens and adults, including Invisalign, clear ceramic braces, metal braces and orthodontics.
Contact us today for a complimentary consultation for braces at one of our orthodontic offices in PA. With nine convenient orthodontic offices located in Reading, PA, Bethlehem, PA, Schuylkill Haven, PA, Schnecksville, PA, Lancaster, PA, York, PA, Hazleton, PA, Danville, PA and Freeland, PA, there is sure to be an office conveniently located near you. Start your journey to your confident smile today!
Contact Our Reading, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.735.0177
Contact Our Bethlehem, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.223.7777
Contact Our Schuylkill Haven, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.385.1344
Contact Our Schnecksville, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.735.0177
Contact Our Lancaster, PA Orthodontic Office: 717.295.9779
Contact Our York, PA Orthodontic Office: 717.848.4599
Contact Our Hazleton, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.455.5011
Contact Our Danville, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.275.6075
Contact Our Freeland, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.636.1101
Get The Smile You've Always Dreamed Of!
Spark Orthodontics can help you or your loved one achieve a smile that benefits dental health as much as it increases confidence. However, we want you to feel confident that your choice in an orthodontist in PA, is the right one. Follow the steps below and get that smile you have always dreamed of.
- Instantly Download his Report: Top 10 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing an Orthodontist in Pennsylvania.
- Please call 610.223.7777 to ask questions or set up your free Spark Smile Assessment!
- Contact one of our orthodontic offices in Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Schuylkill Haven, Lancaster, York, Danville, Hazleton or Freeland, PA, via our online form.