Got braces? Well, you may be wondering how you can possibly floss with braces. In order to keep food and plaque off your braces, thorough flossing is vital. It’s even more important during treatment, because your teeth are in a more vulnerable state as your braces align them. There are many flossing techniques you can easily utilize to maintain clean and healthy teeth during your treatment with braces.
Easy Flossing Tips For Braces:
- Choose wax-coated floss: This type of floss is less likely to get stuck in braces than unwaxed options.
- Carefully floss behind and around the brace wire: It’s important to be careful when flossing with braces, in order to prevent damage to your braces. Simply thread the floss under and over the brace wire, and slide gently between each tooth.
- Floss daily: Flossing isn’t only important for removing food particles. It also removes plaque that could potentially lead to further dental problems. Regular flossing habits can help you maintain a healthy smile.
- Use floss threaders or waterpiks (oral irrigator) to make things easier: Floss threaders are small tools that enable you to get in between teeth and behind braces easily. A waterpik is a tool that sprays a small stream of water into your mouth to help cleanse your teeth. It is recommended that waterpiks are used along with regular flossing, to adequately remove plaque and food from your teeth.
Adhering to a regular flossing routine with braces can make a huge different in the length of treatment time, and the results for you or your child. These simple steps can help you maintain a clean and healthy smile throughout your treatment with braces.
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our practice would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Specializing In Invisalign, Clear Ceramic Braces, Metal Braces & Orthodontic Treatment In Temple, Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Schuylkill Haven, Lancaster, York, Hazleton, Danville & Freeland, PA
Award-winning PA Orthodontist, Dr. Jason Hartman of Spark Orthodontics offers the most advanced braces for children, teens and adults, including Invisalign, clear ceramic braces, metal braces and orthodontic treatment. Contact us today for a free braces consultation and exam at one of our orthodontic offices. With 9 convenient orthodontic offices located in Temple PA, Bethlehem PA, Schnecksville PA and Schuylkill Haven PA, there is sure to be an office conveniently located near you. Call us today for a free consultation for braces at any of our 9 orthodontic offices in PA!
Contact Our Reading, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.735.0177
Contact Our Bethlehem, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.223.7777
Contact Our Schuylkill Haven, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.385.1344
Contact Our Schnecksville, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.735.0177
Contact Our Lancaster, PA Orthodontic Office: 717.295.9779
Contact Our York, PA Orthodontic Office: 717.848.4599
Contact Our Hazleton, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.455.5011
Contact Our Danville, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.275.6075
Contact Our Freeland, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.636.1101
Get The Smile You've Always Dreamed Of!
Spark Orthodontics can help you or your loved one achieve a smile that benefits dental health as much as it increases confidence. However, we want you to feel confident that your choice in an orthodontist in PA, is the right one. Follow the steps below and get that smile you have always dreamed of.
- Instantly Download his Report: Top 10 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing an Orthodontist in Pennsylvania.
- Please call 610.223.7777 to ask questions or set up your free Spark Smile Assessment!
- Contact one of our orthodontic offices in Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Schuylkill Haven, Lancaster, York, Danville, Hazleton or Freeland, PA, via our online form.