At Bethlehem Orthodontics, some teens and adults opt for Invisalign, the “braceless” alternative to traditional braces to straighten teeth. What would you do if something happened to your Invisalign aligners while you were out of town? What if an aligner breaks, is left behind at a restaurant while eating, or you lost your purse or luggage with your aligners inside? Here are some tips for Invisalign patients on what to do if you are out of town and something happens to your aligners!
Five Traveling Tips with Invisalign
- Depending upon the length of your trip, at minimum, always take your previous set of aligners, your current set, and your next set of aligners with you. Depending on how long you have been wearing the current set will determine whether you will go back to previous set or move forward to the next set. General rule of thumb…if the current aligners are tight, go back. If you can remove them easily and in the second week, move forward to the next set. However, if possible, let your orthodontist decide and call them immediately.
- If you are going to be out of town for more than two weeks, we can order replacement aligners, if needed, and ship them to you direct. Continue wearing your previous set until they arrive and start again with the new set.
- Be prepared. Always carry your aligners in your purse or carry-on luggage when flying. Baggage can be delayed or lost.
- An extra case is always a good idea. If you leave one behind in a hotel or restaurant, you have a spare.
- It isn’t always convenient to brush your teeth after eating when traveling. Make sure you rinse out your mouth and aligners before reinserting into your mouth. You can brush your teeth when you get back to your room. It isn’t ideal, but acceptable in a pinch.
Invisalign is a great alternative to wearing braces for many teens and adults. If you have questions or problems when traveling with aligners, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.
Get The Smile You've Always Dreamed Of!
Spark Orthodontics can help you or your loved one achieve a smile that benefits dental health as much as it increases confidence. However, we want you to feel confident that your choice in an orthodontist in PA, is the right one. Follow the steps below and get that smile you have always dreamed of.
- Instantly Download his Report: Top 10 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing an Orthodontist in Pennsylvania.
- Please call 610.865.2777 to ask questions or set up your free Spark Smile Assessment!
- Contact one of our orthodontic offices in Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Schuylkill Haven, Lancaster, York, Danville, Hazleton or Freeland, PA, via our online form.