The start of a new school year brings about change and growth for many kids. Whether your child is attending a new school or starting a new sport, there are many things to be excited about. A trip to your York PA orthodontist, however, is not something children always look forward to, especially if getting braces is on the horizon. Luckily, our York orthodontist knows how to make kids excited about wearing braces.
Learn All About Braces with Our York PA Orthodontist
#1 – Provide Your Child with Options
One way to increase the excitement level about wearing braces is to educate your child on the available options. In the past, metal braces dominated the market and left much to be desired by the wearer. Nowadays, metal braces have undergone a transformation, leaving them less bulky and less noticeable. For those who still want to explore other avenues, there are several options to choose from when you visit our York PA orthodontist.
- Ceramic braces use clear or tooth-colored brackets that blend in with teeth, making them less visible.
- Lingual braces are another option and function by being placed behind the teeth. This makes them invisible from the outside, but also harder to keep clean.
- Invisalign is the final option offered by our York PA orthodontist and uses a series of nearly-invisible trays to straighten your teeth. This option is not offered to young children, so it should only be considered for older children and adults.
#2 – Customize the Look
Even with other available options, metal braces are still among the most popular. If your child has chosen metal braces, colored bands are the main way to increase excitement, plus allow them to express their individuality. Is your child’s favorite color lime green? No problem, bands are available in every color of the rainbow at our York orthodontist. Your child can mix colors to their liking and change them up at each appointment.
Make a Splash in Your Braces with Help from Our York PA Orthodontist
With the advancements of modern-day Orthodontia, there’s no reason for your children to dread getting braces. Reach out to our York PA orthodontist today for more information!
The information provided in this article is not meant to be medical advice and is for educational purposes only. If you would like to learn more about this and other topics related to orthodontics, feel free to contact Spark Orthodontics, with a convenient orthodontic office near York PA, by clicking here or by calling 610.223.7777.
Get The Smile You've Always Dreamed Of!
Spark Orthodontics can help you or your loved one achieve a smile that benefits dental health as much as it increases confidence. However, we want you to feel confident that your choice in an orthodontist in PA, is the right one. Follow the steps below and get that smile you have always dreamed of.
- Instantly Download his Report: Top 10 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing an Orthodontist in Pennsylvania.
- Please call 610.223.7777 to ask questions or set up your free Spark Smile Assessment!
- Contact one of our orthodontic offices in Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Schuylkill Haven, Lancaster, York, Danville, Hazleton or Freeland, PA, via our online form.