You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your health care will cost.
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have certain types of health care coverage or who are not using certain types of health care coverage an estimate of their bill for health care items and services before those items or services are provided.
• You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any health care items or services upon request or when scheduling such items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
• If you schedule a health care item or service at least 3 business days in advance, make sure your health care provider or facility gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing within 1 business day after scheduling. If you schedule a health care item or service at least 10 business days in advance, make sure your health care provider or facility gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing within 3 business days after scheduling. You can also ask any health care provider or facility for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service. If you do, make sure the health care provider or facility gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing within 3 business days after you ask.
• If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more for any provider or facility than your Good Faith Estimate from that provider or facility, you can dispute the bill through the patient-provider dispute resolution (PPDR) process. Under the PPDR process, you may request a payment review and decision from an independent company certified by HHS. These companies are referred to as Selected Dispute Resolution (SDR) entities. The SDR entity will decide what amount you must pay if your bill is at least $400 more for any provider or facility than your good faith estimate from that provider or facility.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises/consumers, email FederalPPDRQuestions@cms.hhs.gov, or call 1-800-985-3059.
Get The Smile You've Always Dreamed Of!
Spark Orthodontics can help you or your loved one achieve a smile that benefits dental health as much as it increases confidence. However, we want you to feel confident that your choice in an orthodontist in PA, is the right one. Follow the steps below and get that smile you have always dreamed of.
- Instantly Download his Report: Top 10 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing an Orthodontist in Pennsylvania.
- Please call 610.223.7777 to ask questions or set up your free Spark Smile Assessment!
- Contact one of our orthodontic offices in Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Pottsville, Lancaster, York, Danville, or Hazleton, PA, via our online form.