Considering orthodontic treatment to create the beautiful smile you always dreamed of? It is a big decision and one that requires research if you are considering Invisalign as an alternative to traditional metal braces. Both will lead to your new smile, but the roads traveled are quite different.
Everyone is familiar with both metal braces and clear ceramic braces so let’s just discuss Invisalign.
One of the primary reasons people choose Invisalign is that they are self-conscious about wearing braces and the clear aligners are nearly undetectable when worn. Most people won’t even notice you are wearing them. And, contrary to belief or despite what you have heard, your speech sounds fine to others in a very short period of time once you get used to wearing the Invisalign aligner.
Most patients have the option of choosing braces or Invisalign, but Invisalign doesn’t always work for everyone and Spark Orthodontics can help you decide if Invisalign is a good choice for you or your teen.
Points To Consider When Choosing Braces vs Invisalign
- Are you or your child self-disciplined? Since Invisalign is removable, following instructions, wearing your clear aligners except when eating and brushing your teeth, and keeping track of them when out of the mouth is important for success. When wearing braces, we don’t have to depend so much on the patient to get the job done.
- Patients are required to wear the clear aligners 20 – 22 hours per day and when switching to their next set of aligners every two weeks, understand the new aligners are snug in order to continue the tooth movement process. Some short term discomfort should be expected and the aligners cannot be removed to eliminate the issue. We suggest you put your new aligner in right before bed with Tylenol. By morning your teeth will most likely already adapt to the new fit.
- Is Invisalign the best option for you? An orthodontist is a specialist in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental and facial irregularities. All orthodontists are dentists, but only about six percent of dentists are orthodontists. Orthodontists with their specialized training are more qualified to determine what orthodontic treatment is best for you or your child over a lifetime of smiles based on a fully educated decision.
Treatment time with Invisalign varies, depending upon the severity of the problem and is usually for a minimum of 12 months. If you are not sure that you or your child is a good candidate for Invisalign, the team at Spark Orthodontics will address your treatment concerns during a complimentary smile exam to determine whether braces or Invisalign is best for you. Contact our office today to schedule your no-obligation, complimentary initial consultation.
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our Reading orthodontic office would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Specializing In Invisalign, Clear Ceramic Braces, Metal Braces & Orthodontics In Reading, PA
Dr. Jason Hartman, an award-winning orthodontist in Reading, PA offers the most advanced braces for children, teens and adults, including Invisalign, clear ceramic braces, metal braces and orthodontics.
Contact us today for a complimentary consultation for braces at one of our orthodontic offices in PA. With nine convenient orthodontic offices located in Reading, PA, Bethlehem, PA, Schuylkill Haven, PA, Schnecksville, PA, Lancaster, PA, York, PA, Hazleton, PA, Danville, PA and Freeland, PA, there is sure to be an office conveniently located near you. Start your journey to your confident smile today!
Contact Our Reading, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.735.0177
Contact Our Bethlehem, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.865.2777
Contact Our Schuylkill Haven, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.385.1344
Contact Our Schnecksville, PA Orthodontic Office: 610.735.0177
Contact Our Lancaster, PA Orthodontic Office: 717.295.9779
Contact Our York, PA Orthodontic Office: 717.848.4599
Contact Our Hazleton, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.455.5011
Contact Our Danville, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.275.6075
Contact Our Freeland, PA Orthodontic Office: 570.636.1101
Get The Smile You've Always Dreamed Of!
Spark Orthodontics can help you or your loved one achieve a smile that benefits dental health as much as it increases confidence. However, we want you to feel confident that your choice in an orthodontist in PA, is the right one. Follow the steps below and get that smile you have always dreamed of.
- Instantly Download his Report: Top 10 Things You Need to Know Before Choosing an Orthodontist in Pennsylvania.
- Please call 610.865.2777 to ask questions or set up your free Spark Smile Assessment!
- Contact one of our orthodontic offices in Reading, Camp Hill, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Schnecksville, Schuylkill Haven, Lancaster, York, Danville, Hazleton or Freeland, PA, via our online form.